Today’s article is for small-medium-sized manufacturers whose old school scheduling methods are not doing the job.
Paper-based employee scheduling processes are:
- Tedious and time-consuming
- Unable to quickly react to scheduling emergencies
- Prone to inaccuracies
- Not equipped to manage overtime
- Difficult to share with employees
In addition, employees need to go through a supervisor or HR department to obtain schedule, time card, and PTO information and it is cumbersome for staff members to submit and obtain shift change approvals.
Imagine if your production equipment was this outdated, ineffective, and inefficient.
These problems impact everyone in the company:
- Owners overpay for labor, which reduces profit margins
- Owners lose money due to high employee attrition
- Owners are at risk of compliance violations
- Company misses production deadlines which threatens client contracts and business reputation
- Employees work more overtime than they want to
- Staff members can’t monitor the schedule when they are not at work
- Staff members have to go through a manager to request shift changes
- Short-handed shifts force team members on-the-clock to pick up the slack, which, in turn, contributes to employee burnout
- Scheduling managers spend so much time assembling schedules that they have little time for other critical tasks
- Scheduling managers can’t easily accommodate employee schedule preferences
Deep-rooted problems that affect every level of the organization require a powerful yet easy-to-implement solution. Workforce Management Suite from Deluxe Payce has tools to transform employee scheduling at manufacturing operations.
Workforce Management Suite incorporates TimeSimplicity which offers automated scheduling and TimeWorksPlus for integrated time and attendance tracking.
- Create schedules with drag-and-drop simplicity
- Customizable job codes make sure the staff members with the required job skills are scheduled
- System automation finds eligible associates to cover open shifts
- Customized system notifications reduce over-staffing and unplanned overtime
- Complete mobile coordination for team members and management
- Employee Self Service empowers staff to manage their time cards, post shift requests, and monitor PTO accruals
- Automatically creates audit-ready records
Workforce Management Suite is the industry-leading customizable scheduling system for manufacturing facilities that run 24/7.
Deluxe Payce offers WorkforceHUB, the unified Human Resources portal that makes it easy to optimize the performance of your supervisors, employees, and company.
WorkforceHUB includes TimeWorksPlus, TimeSimplicity, TimeWorks Mobile, and ApplicantStack. We’ve just added recruitment, onboarding, benefits enrollment, performance reviews, and employee engagement! WorkforceHUB is designed for busy employers like you who need to reduce cost-per-hire, streamline scheduling, automate time tracking, maintain regulatory compliance, and reduce labor costs.
How much can you save? Check our Deluxe Payce ROI Calculator.
We can get you up and running with Workforce Management Suite in minutes. Contact us today to book a demo.